AD&D Dark Ages
Step 1: Primary Ability Score Generation
- Determine your character’s initial primary ability scores by rolling 3d6 for each ability score, in order.
- PCs get 3 re-rolls. You may roll again for any ability score, keeping the better of the two scores.
Step 2: Secondary Ability Score Generation
- Roll 3d6 for each of the following attributes: Overland Movement, Comeliness, Perception.
- Apply your movement modifier to your base racial movement rate.
Step 3: Select Your Character Race
- Apply racial modifiers to ability scores.
Step 4: Select Your Character Class
- The following classes are available from the PHB: Fighter, Ranger, Wizard (Scholar), Cleric, Thief, Bard (Divine only)
- The following classes are available from HR1: Vikings: Berserker, Runecaster (Renamed Rune Warrior)
- Check the Character Classes page for house rules. Most classes have house rules of one type or another.
Step 5: Select Proficiencies